The County Public Service Board of Bungoma wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the above vacant position as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 Cap 11 Section 235, and the County Government Act 2012, Section 45, 50, 51 and 59.
The County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified Kenyans to fill the positions in the following Departments:
Principal Finance Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Experience 7 years
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
- Preparation of budgets for recurrent and development votes,
- Preparation of quarterly expenditure forecasts as a basis for decisions with treasury for release of funds.
- Initiations for proposals seeking funds for additional and reallocation of voted funds during the year.
- Monitoring of expenditures and projects of the County Assembly including programme implementation on a periodic basis and ensuring that timely corrective action is taken.
- Offer financial management advice to County Assembly Service Board and the County Assembly
- Develop policies and regulations on prudent use of finances.
- Application of budgeted funds for operations and development.
- Asset management and updating of asset register.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting/economics or any other relevant discipline.
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a final holder of CPA part three or ACCA Qualification.
- Be A member of ICPAK and in good standing
- Relevant work experience for a minimum period of Seven years (7) in a senior position and demonstrated competence in financial management.
- Knowledge of IFMIS system is an added advantage.
- Possess a Senior Management Course Certificate from a reputable institution lasting not less than 4 weeks.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to forward their applications with copies of applicant’s academic and professional testimonials, and copy of Identity Card both sides to reach the
Secretary County Assembly Service Board,
P.O. Box 1886-50200,
Be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management office, room No.10 at the County Assembly.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Cards, academic degree transcripts, professional certificates and clearances from, EACC, KRA, DCI and CRB.
Terms: permanent and pensionable
- Candidates should NOT attach original documents.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications should indicate clearly the position applied for and the advert number on the top left corner of the envelop and be addressed to:-
County Assembly Service Board,
County Assembly of Bungoma,
P.O Box 1886 – 50200, Bungoma.
Or, be hand delivered to the Human Resource Management office, so as to reach not later than 18.03.2019 at 5.00 pm.